The TPB has compiled a list of resources to help prospective applicants develop competitive grant applications and to provide best practices of sucessful JARC and New Freedom projects. TPB staff is also available to answer questions about the application or the Coordinated Plan. Additional resources may be added. If you have a suggested technical resource, please submit it.
Templates have been developed for four effective project types to help prospective applicants develop competitive applications for funding. The templates include sample budgets and examples of successful projects. Click on the template name to open the template.
JARC Project Templates
New Freedom Project Templates
- Travel Training Budget from Easter Seals Project ACTION
- Travel Training Budget Narrative from Easter Seals Project ACTION
Program Development and Evaluation
Center for Nonprofit Excellence
Recommended resources including those on developing Needs Statements and those on Program Plans. A searchable Grantmakers Directory is also available.
The Foundation Center created Tools and Resources for Assessing Social Impact, a searchable database of approaches to measuring the impact of programs and investments. Recommended for researching approaches to conducting program evaluations.
The Meadows Foundation
The Meadows Foundation has a useful tool for evaluation planning, sample goals and sample measures by program type.
Examples of Rideshare Activities
- San Diego Association of Governments (SANDAG) tool for employer transportation outreach
- Mercer, NJ Transportation Management Association TrainLink connection from transit terminus to industrial park
- Community Transportation Association of America (CTAA) has compiled profiles of employer-sponsored transportation programs
If you have questions about this application or need technical assistance, please contact Beth Newman at the Department of Transportation planning at COG at (202) 962-3253 or by email: Beth Newman.
The National Capital Region Transportation Planning Board
Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments
777 North Capitol Street, NE Suite300
Washington, D.C. 20002
(202) 962-3202 (fax)
(202) 962-3212 (TDD)