Participate in Visualize 2045
Public participation is an important part of Visualize 2045. There will be numerous opportunities for the public to weigh in throughout the development of the plan. A public input survey this summer collected input from more than 6,000 people. Additional outreach is planned for later in 2017 or early 2018.
Public Input Survey
Over the summer, we carried out a public input survey to gather general attitudes and opinions about transportation in the region. More than 6,000 people provided input! Their responses will help inform discussions among decision makers and planners about the planning and funding decisions we should be making to improve the region’s transportation future.
Sign up for email updates to learn when the survey results are available and to get other Visualize 2045 updates!
Visualize 2045 "live-surveying" events
To promote the public input survey and encourage participation, we conducted "live-surveying" at 15 farmers markets and street festivals throughout the region. Survey teams equipped with tablet computers gave people the opportunity to take the survey in person:
- Saturday, June 17: Columbia Heights Day (DC)
- Sunday, June 25: Greenbelt Farmers Market (MD)
- Friday, June 30: Farragut Friday (DC)
- Saturday, July 1: Frederick First Saturday (MD)
- Saturday, July 1: Reston Farmers' Market (VA)
- Sunday, July 2: Mosaic District Farmers Market (Fairfax VA)
- Tuesday, July 4: Manassas Fourth of July (VA)
- Tuesday, July 4: College Park Fourth of July (MD)
- Saturday, July 8: Downtown Silver Spring (MD)
- Sunday, July 9: Dale City Farmers Market (VA)
- Wednesday, July 12: Crossroads Farmers Market (Takoma Park MD)
- Sunday, July 16: Rockville Peace Day Party (MD)
- Thursday, July 20: Ballston Farmers Market (VA)
- Saturday, August 5: Leesburg Farmers Market (VA)
- Sunday, August 20: Souler Sundays (DC)
Other targeted outreach activities
In addition to live-surveying, we also set up tables at community events, handed out postcards at Metro stations and lunchtime hangouts, and met with clients at social-service organizations.
- Metro station "postcarding"
- Shady Grove, Dupont Circle, Vienna, Prince George's Plaza, Union Station, Silver Spring, Anacostia, King Street, L'Enfant Plaza
- Lunchtime "postcarding"
- Farragut Fridays (Farragut Square, DC) and Food Truck Thursday (Crystal City, VA)
- Other meetings and events:
- National Night Out (DC), Washington English Center, So Others Might Eat, Bridges to Independence
What's next and how to learn more
Later this year, we’ll be planning additional workshops and community events where people can come and share their ideas for the future. Check back here or sign up for email updates to find out when and where the events will be.
Learn more about this summer's outreach activities in our Phase 1 report
Send us your comments online or via social media
The TPB is always accepting comments on its policies, procedures, and plans. Use this form to share your ideas with us. Or you can join the conversation on Twitter by using the hashtag #VIZ2045.