Personnel Officers Technical Committee
The Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments Personnel Officers Technical Committee is composed of directors and other personnel representatives from the Washington metropolitan jurisdictions and agencies.
The committee was formed by the Council of Governments primarily to provide value-added services to its member-jurisdictions and agencies. Specifically, the committee was designed with the following goals:
- To provide a forum for area personnel directors and representatives.
- To hear, share and discuss human resources issues including "best practices," current legislation affecting their work, and other topics of mutual interest to all members.
- To keep abreast of human resources trends affecting jurisdictions and the region as a whole.
- To serve as a forum for networking and a resource for personnel information, strategies and advice.
- To work collaboratively on major projects of mutual benefits to all members and the region as a whole.
The Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments Personnel Officers Technical Committee meets every two months, second Thursday of the month, but may be subject to change. There is no meeting held on July.
Meetings are normally held at the Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments located at 777 North Capitol Street, NE, Washington, DC.