Training on Economic Program Data From the U.S. Census Bureau
Nesreen Khashan, Data Dissemination Specialist, Suitland Headquarters
- Data.census.gov- how you can contribute to its development, and a timeline for its complete integration into census.gov
- The difference between Economic Census, County Business Patterns and Nonemployer Statistics programs in terms of methodology, frequency, geographic coverage and indicators provided.
- Where to go for characteristics about business owners: Survey of Business Owners or Annual Survey of Entrepreneurs.
- How to expand or are down NAICS codes to get the best data for your jurisdiction.
- Which data-access tools are best to use depending on your research objectives: AFF, Industry Statics Portal, CBB SBE or RAE editions.
- How Economic Program data are collected, including the Economic Census, which during March through June of 2018, has a data collection operation underway for the 2017 version.