WASHINGTON, D.C. – Regional businesses are partnering with Commuter Connections to show their support for Car Free Day by providing great prizes for area residents and commuters who take the pledge to bike, walk, take transit, rideshare, or telework instead of driving alone to work on Thursday, September 22.
Those who take the free pledge to go car free or car-lite will be automatically entered into a raffle with the chance to win prizes donated by regional businesses and transit agencies including a Crunch Fitness annual membership, Capital Bikeshare memberships, SmarTrip® cards loaded with fare, retail and restaurant gift cards, and more.
Participants will also enjoy free rides on all connector and shuttle buses via TransIT Services of Frederick County on Car Free Day.
- One-year gym membership, courtesy of Crunch Fitness
- Capital Bikeshare annual memberships, courtesy of goDCgo
- Commuter train round-trip passes, courtesy of Virginia Railway Express
- Fall Fest October 1 concert tickets and backstage passes for two at Jiffy Lube Live, courtesy of WMZQ and iheart radio
- KIND Healthy Snacks gift bag, courtesy of KIND, #LiveKIND
- Restaurant $25 gift cards, courtesy of Mellow Mushroom Adams Morgan
- SmarTrip® cards with $25 in fare, courtesy of Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority
- Supermarket $25 gift cards, courtesy of Giant Food
- $50 bike shop gift card, courtesy of The Bike Rack
“We are excited to once again bring Car Free Day to metropolitan Washington,” said Nicholas Ramfos, Commuter Connections Director. “We’re thankful to our supportive sponsors who enhance our efforts by donating generous prizes for our regional Car Free Day raffle.”
All residents in the region, including those who already use alternative modes of transportation, are eligible to participate and are encouraged to take the pledge at www.carfreemetrodc.org, and help reduce traffic on September 22. This year, there’s even more reason to pledge to go car free or car-lite for Car Free Day 2016. Metro’s SafeTrack Surge #9, will impact Orange Line trains from Vienna and West Falls Church from September 15 through October 26, and train cars are expected to be full—finding and trying commute alternatives can help those impacted by Metro’s work get to work comfortably.
Car Free Day is just one of the innovative ways Commuter Connections promotes alternatives to drive-alone commuting. Car Free Day is an annual worldwide event that encourages green travel options and environmental awareness, and the benefits of alternatives to drive-alone transportation. Taking the pledge to go car free offers a chance to win great prizes donated by regional sponsors, whether joining #teambike, #teamwalk, #teamrail, #teambus, #teampool or #teamtelework.
Residents can take the 2016 Car Free Day Pledge at www.carfreemetrodc.org, stay up-to-date on Car Free Day Metro DC on Facebook and Twitter, or promote and share their experiences using #CarFreeMetroDC.