Message from COG Executive Director Chuck Bean
I’m excited to announce the launch of the Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments’ new website: www.mwcog.org
COG is metropolitan Washington’s hub for regional partnership. We are the place where officials and experts make connections, share information, and develop solutions to the region’s major challenges.
It’s essential that our website serves as a hub, too, for regional data and expertise.
Being the home to 200 regional committees where more than 1,000 people gather each month means we’ve amassed a vast catalog of publications, presentations, news stories, data and tools, and more. On the new mwcog.org, it’s easier to find this information. You’ll also notice features that enhance the user experience and spotlight the work of our members, partners, and staff.
- You can find key information quickly by using our new menu with common categories. For example, each section highlights valuable programs like Commuter Connections, Clean Air Partners, and Wednesday’s Child. In addition, categories like news, plans, data, committees, and events help our content stand out.
- We’ve also tagged thousands of news stories and documents with keywords, so information related to your favorite topic is never far away.
- New personal accounts make it easier for members to manage contact information, event and meeting RSVPs, and subscriptions in one place.
- The site also features an advanced search, social media sharing tools, and a tablet and smartphone-friendly layout.
Greater focus on people
- Our dedicated members and staff make regional partnership possible. To tell their stories, you’ll find member Q&A’s, staff features, and videos posted prominently throughout the site.
Soon, COG members will receive individual COG web account log-in information and more specific information on navigating the site.
I encourage you to explore the site and please send any feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your interest and participation at COG!